Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Hearing Loss
How To Take Care of Yourself
Make a safety plan. Have a step-by-step plan ready for if/when you feel depressed, suicidal, or in crisis, so you can start at step one and continue through the steps until you feel safe. Having a template on hand with an established plan may be helpful, or you can get help and guidance at mysafetyplan.org/.
Resources for people who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, or have hearing loss:
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you can chat with a 988 Lifeline crisis counselor 24/7 by:
- For deaf or hard of hearing ASL users, call 988 Videophone – click here to read the terms of service
- Online chat – Click the chat button below
- 988 Text – Send any message to 988 to start a text conversation
- For TTY Users: Use your preferred relay service or dial 711 then 988.
If you are a Veteran or service member with hearing loss, or any person concerned about someone who is, there are several ways to contact the Veterans Crisis Line:
- Text with a Veterans Crisis Line responder – Send a text message to 838255
- Online chat with a Veterans Crisis Line responder – Click the chat button below